Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Emotions and Challenges

I have really been struggling the last few days with emotions. It seems like they are just at the surface an at any moment will bust out like flood of water being released from a dam. Like yesterday I was driving home from work and there was this song on the radio about a guy who met this girl and her smile took his breath away and then the song continues about their life together until the end when she is in the hospital and it may be her last night. And he is laying in bed with her holding her hand and the song goes back to how when they met and her smile took his breath away. Man the tears were just flowing. Then I get home and everyone leaves and the tears started again. What is the deal!!??

It seems that I am realizing that life is changing again. But am I changing? If so am I changing for the good or the bad? I know that I am on the other side of the hill and gravity is pulling me faster down the hill then I want. I am seeing that I need to make some decisions about how I want to spend the remaining time I have left. I want my wife to be proud of the life I have lived. I want my kids to see a man that loved his wife and kids with a deep unchanging live. I want my grandkids to see a Papi that was fun but more important I want them to see a Papi that loves and lives Christ. Yea I got some work to do.

I am blessed beyond far more than I could ever deserve.

No comments: