Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Leaving a legacy

As I get older and I realize more and more that the opportunity window is getting smaller the word legacy becomes more important. Legacy. Leaving something that makes the future better. This weekend I was able to see what that means.

We had 18 people crammed in our house this past weekend. Eleven adults and seven small boys. For the most part adults who love the Lord and who call Him their Saviour. Because of those adults seven young and tender hearts will have the opportunity to follow Christ and to change the world for good. Imagine if one of those seven boys is the one who leads the last person to Christ that will usher in the return of Christ! That is a legacy. That is a blessing.

In today's society it is all about me and what I can get out of it. TV shows promote getting all you can get out of life, watch out for number one, and stepping on others to get what you want. This is today's society. But what I witnessed was a deep compassion and love for one another. I saw little boys playing and being boys but I also saw tears fall when someone was hurt or the look of disappointment when one of these young men disobeyed.

In the eyes of these little ones I can see a strong hope for the future. I can see men willing to take the tough stand for the right things. I can see men willing to go and do what Christ calls them to do. I see a legacy.

We are blessed and encouraged.

No comments: